Laura J. Beck
Attorney, Law Firm of Conway, Olejniczak & Jerry, S.C.
About Laura J. Beck
Laura has 30 years of experience practicing law. She concentrates her practice in family law including divorce, pre and post-nuptial agreements, grandparent rights, stepparent adoption, child support, maintenance, mediation and collaborative divorce and Hague Convention Litigation. In 2007, Laura received her Divorce Mediation Certification from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She has been nominated and accepted to the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys (AIOFLA) 10 Best in Wisconsin for Client Satisfaction every year from 2019 to 2021. In addition, she was recognized by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the Top 100 Family lawyers in the State of Wisconsin for 2019 and 2020. In 2021, Laura was nominated and became a Lawyer of Distinction member in family law.
Laura is also very active in the community. She has been involved with Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin, Inc., serving on both the board of directors and the advisory committee for the Children’s Advocacy Center. Laura served as a Brown County Teen Court Judge and was a past municipal prosecutor for the Village of Suamico. She also served for a number of years as a District 14 Committee Member for the Office of Lawyer Regulation for the State of Wisconsin.
I really do like helping people. My role as a divorce attorney is to de-escalate emotions in the entire process, focus on the most logical angle and map a course to arrive at the end result for the client. The goal is never to make the parties hate each other. It’s unnecessary.
- Laura J. Beck
A former client sums it up best:
Laura utilizes a realistic, effective problem solving approach always with a personalized touch, guided with genuine empathy.
Affiliations & Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Brown County Bar Association
- Collaborative Family Law Counsel of Wisconsin
- Certified Divorce Mediator
- Hague Convention Attorney Network, U.S. State Department
Professional & Civic Activities
- Board Member, Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin, Inc.
- Advisory Committee Member, Children’s Advocacy Center
- Judge, Brown County Teen Court
- Board Member, American Red Cross, Lakeland Chapter
- District 14 Committee Member, Office of Lawyer Regulation
- Former Municipal Prosecuter, Village of Suamico
Honors & Recognitions
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 10 Best Family Law Attorneys in Wisconsin for Client Satisfaction, 2019, 2020, 2021
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Top 100 Family Lawyers in the State of Wisconsin, 2019, 2020
- Lawyer of Distinction in Family Law, 2021