Attorney, Law Firm of Conway, Olejniczak & Jerry, S.C.
About George Burnett
George earned his B.A. from Marquette University in 1978 and his J.D. from the University of Wisconsin in 1981. After graduation, he served as law clerk to the Honorable Harlington Wood at the United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. He is a partner at Conway, Olejniczak & Jerry, S.C. in Green Bay where he practices general civil and Apellate litigation.
He is a past president of the State Bar of Wisconsin. He is an elected fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and Litigation Counsel of America. He was twice elected to the board of directors for the State Bar of Wisconsin Litigation Section and served a term as chairman. He has also been inducted as a fellow in the American Bar Foundation and the Wisconsin Law Foundation and included in the Best Lawyers in America.
He co-founded the Robert J. Parins Inn of Court (n/k/a The Hon. Robert J. Parins Legal Society of Northeast Wisconsin, Inc.) where he served as an officer. He co-authored the chapter Jury Verdicts for the State Bar treatise Wisconsin Trial Practice and has also been an invited seminar speaker by many organizations, including the State Bar of Wisconsin.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Wisconsin Association for Justice (Member, Previously served on the Executive Committee & Board of Directors)
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association
- Eastern District Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Bar Member, Past Chairman of the Board of Directors, Litigation Section & Past President)
- Brown County Bar Association
- The Hon. Robert J. Parins Legal Society of Northeast Wisconsin, Inc. (Previous Officer)
- Co-author, Chapter 12, “Verdicts”, Wisconsin Trial Practice. Second Edition. State Bar of Wisconsin
Honors & Recognitions
- American College of Trial Lawyers Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates Fellow
- American Bar Foundation Fellow
- Wisconsin Bar Foundation Fellow
- Litigation Counsel of America Fellow
- Top 100 Wisconsin Trial Lawyers, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® 2005–2019, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America® 2011–2020
- Best Lawyers in America® 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” Green Bay, Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Top 10 Wisconsin Attorneys, Wisconsin Super Lawyers® 2016
- Top 50 Wisconsin Attorneys, Wisconsin Super Lawyers® 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
- AV® Preeminent, Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Top Rated Lawyers in Appellate Law, Corporate Counsel Magazine 2012, 2013