Gregory A. Grobe
Attorney, Law Firm of Conway, Olejniczak & Jerry, S.C.
About Gregory A. Grobe
Greg’s practice focuses on labor and employment law. He represents employers in connection with union organizing efforts and frequently serves as lead negotiator for collective bargaining agreements. Greg guides companies through labor disputes such as strikes, walkouts, pickets and slowdowns. He also litigates, arbitrates and mediates many union labor cases.
Greg has vast knowledge and experience with the following:
- Wisconsin Fair Employment Act
- Federal Civil Rights Acts
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- State and Federal Family and Medical Leave Acts
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- National Labor Relations Act
- Wisconsin Worker’s Compensation Act
- Title IX
Greg also works with human resource professionals to prepare, review and update personnel forms, procedures and agreements, including employee handbooks, restrictive covenants, executive compensation contracts and severance agreements, to ensure legal compliance. He frequently advises employers on layoffs, RIFS, furloughs and WARN Act compliance. Greg has successfully litigated employment and other types of claims before state and federal administrative agencies and courts of all levels. He is a frequent speaker and trainer on employment-related topics, has published many articles on labor and employment laws and serves as a legal commentator on local television networks.
In my 31 years of practice, clients have expressed the most satisfaction with attorneys who help their businesses stay “ahead of the curve,” who understand their businesses and offer practical solutions to meet their goals while still complying with the myriad of today’s employment-related laws. Personally, I have found that listening is a highly integral quality of an effective attorney, as well as the willingness to look at a problem from several angles and evaluate several solutions before reaching a final strategy, whether this involves litigation, business planning, employee administration or another issue.
- Gregory A. Grobe
Affiliations & Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Brown County Bar Association
- Society for Human Resource Management (local and national chapters)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Board of Directors, Brown County Civic Music Association
- Legislative Chairman, Green Bay Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management
- Board Member/Past President, Agape of Appleton, Inc.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America® 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” Green Bay, Labor Law - Management
- Best Lawyers in America® 2019-2021